The Lord's Hands



Psalm 63:8 (ESV)
"My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

Last December,  thinking of the reason for the season, I came to the conviction that the Christmas presents my family would receive from me that year, would have to show the reason why we celebrate Christmas at all: Jesus.



I searched for some cardboard that I could recycle, and painted over them scenes which showed the immensely perfect Love of our Lord Jesus. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I had used my talents for this sort of gift. It gave me a huge pleasure to be able to create these unique pieces for my loved ones. I felt like a gigantic privilege.

First I drew and inked the scene.


Then I went ahead and base-painted it.

After that, I gave it its highlights and shadows and added the Bible Verse. In this case: 1 Corinthians 16: 13-14


All that was left at this stage was letting it dry and framing it. Voilà!

Isaiah 9: 6

John 1: 38 "Come and see"

Revelation 21:4 “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes”

Ephesians 5: 25

Matthew 6: 9

Matthew 6: 26
After this experience, I will surely do something similar again. Hopefully very soon. It was awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts