Illustrating My Friend, Roxanna


I've had the pleasure of Illustrating my friend Roxanna De Soto, former director of Alianza para un Puerto Rico Sin Drogas a few times. I remember back in 2017, when I was commissioned for an Illustration of her. She was retiring and my client wanted to thank her for her invaluable work with youths and families here in Puerto Rico.



On that occasion I was able to include my family in the drawing. I am so proud of the work she does, that I somehow wanted to show my appreciation also, so I figured a cameo appearance was in order.

I mixed two of my most used styles and it went well together.


Here's that full illustration.


Then on January 2019, I was commissioned yet again for her birthday celebration. She remembered she never got a "Quinceañero" and so my client wanted me to illustrate her as if she was indeed celebrating her 15 years of age. It was so much fun!


Here's a zoom to view the details on the face.

Illustrating is certainly one of my most favorite things I do as a freelancer. Happy Birthday, Roxanna! I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts